REFERENCE : 01/2013/HSE
ADVERTISEMENT DATE : 25th MAY 2013 (SATURDAY)
CLOSING DATE : 5th JUNE 2013 (WEDNESDAY)
VACANCY : ONE (1)
CLERK OF WORKS - C.O.W
(HSE OFFICER) 1 position
Salary scale : Division II
(Starting salary BND 2,205) : Division III
(Starting salary BND1,980)
Division II : Holder of Recognised Degree qualification in Engineering / Construction /Occupational
Health & Safety / other related HSE discipline.
At least five ( 5 ) years working experience in
the related field
Minimum three (3) years working experience in at least a supervisory role in managing Occupational Health And Safety or Environmental related work
Division III : Minimum Holder of Higher National Diploma in Engineering / Construction / Occupational Health & Safety / other related HSE discipline.
At least three (3) years working experience in related field
Must possess NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
General Eligibility Requirements :
All applications MUST HAVE the following additional general eligibility criteria ;
a) Must be able communicate well in the English language and Malay language ( both oral and written)
b) Must be proficient in working with Microsoft Office software programs, particularly in Microsoft Words and Excel
c) Must be able to organize and leads a team-oriented work environment.
d) Possess good planning acumen and have the discipline of being a very organized persons.
e) Possess good notes taking skills, as well as ability to produce good work reports.
f) Possess strong discipline in meeting deadlines.
Successful candidates for the above positions must also pass the following, before their employment with the Health Safety And Environment Section (HSE) is Confirmed:
• Physical health and medical fitness test.
1) Carry out risk assessment to identify the presence of any potential hazard in the permanent and temporary works to be carried out and recommend a safe working method.
2) Investigate accidents at work site, submit investigation reports and recommend corrective actions.
3) Ensure that the provision of project safety requirements and PWD construction Site Safety Standards are adhered to.
4) Organise and lead the Safety Committee.
5) Ensure all safety policy, control and monitoring procedures are followed strictly by contractors and subcontractors.
6) Responsible for the preparation, periodic review and update of guidelines and procedures relating to work safety.
7) Responsible for department policy planning, review and implementation, including compliance to health and safety guidelines as well as environmental protection plan.
8) Be the resource person as well as focal person for all necessary work coordination with other functional departments.
9) To enforce the stipulation of Safety Manual.
10) To be the focal point for all safety matters
11) To inspect and prepare Safety Audit Reports.
12) Advise on safety procedure in minimizing risk if injury to persons or damage to plant, machinery, equipment and property.
13) Advise on all legal changes on developments and recommend precautions.
14) Promote safety awareness throughout the organisation.
15) Distribute literature and information on personal protective equipment and apparatus and safe working methods. Interested applicants are required to write in, stating the advertisement number (reference ) and submit their resumes together with :
1. One recent colour passport size photographs (non-returnable) ; AND
2. Photocopy of identity card; AND
3. Photocopy of only relevant academic, vocational and/or professional certificates To:
Department of Administration
(Health Safety and Environment Section)
Public Work Department Headquarter
Building Old Airport Berakas, BB3510
Only shortlisted applicants shall be notified.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview in BSB at their own expense.